Friday, February 5, 2010

Lessons Learned

Well, I've been in Korea for about three weeks now, maybe it's been two, I'm not really sure. But, what I do know, is that in Korea size really does matter, among other things.


Now, before you let your mind wander too far, I'm talking about the fact that I couldn't find a blanket to fit my bed outside of the BX, or that they don't make curtains long enough to cover the whole window, and don't let me forget that my oven is super tiny. I mean Sylvia Plath wouldn't have been able to shove her head in this oven. It's like an Easy Bake Oven but bigger (and not by much).


So the whole blanket situation brought on a full breakdown which had me sitting in bed crying because every time I would move the blanket would fall on the floor, or J would move and take the whole thing with him. Night after night, it was so frustrating having to wake up and search for  the comforter, but at least I had plenty of light because there's definitely a light post outside our bedroom window and since our blinds are only so thick and we didn't have any curtains it was nearly impossible to sleep. Thankfully, the next day we went and got a down comforter, and it covers the whole bed (Yay!!) and curtains with the black out panels. The downside these curtains are about four inches too short and don't cover the whole sliding glass door, and they're the longest length curtains come in. But, I'm not going to complain about it anymore, it's now super dark in my room, and I can snuggle underneath the blankets without them falling on the floor.


So here are a few of the other things I've learned since being here:


Dunkin Donuts in Korea is just as tasty as back home, only they don't have Dunkaccinos.


McDonald's breakfast is super exciting here, too.


Bread that has Hello Kitty's face on the packaging tastes so much better than regular bread.


Winter in North Carolina has not provided me with an accurate perception of cold weather, or snow for that matter. Apparently we had a "dusting" yesterday morning, but my ass was so excited that there was actually snow on the ground I couldn't stop jumping up and down and acting like a five year old, even if it did melt by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment