Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nesting

Since I've been here all I've really felt is the urge to nest, and to have my own tv. Our apartment is great and it's way more than anything I could've imagined we would be living in, but it didn't really feel like home. I mean it was homey enough but it didn't feel like it was my home. It's amazing what a difference a few belongings will make. And when I say a few, I mean almost all. 

Yesterday all of our stuff finally made it here and after three hours of unpacking it actually looks like we're going to live here rather than just visit. I mean we finally have two tvs and our cabinets are full of pots and pans and various other cooking utensils that I have truly missed. We also have more than one comforter to fit our bed and more dishes and drinking glasses than we know what to do with. But, as is always the case with us things don't always go as smoothly as possible, and we always end up with a great story to tell. 

So, when the movers were bringing our stuff in one of the security guards from our apartment complex came in and was trying to talk to us, but since we don't know Korean we were having a hard time understanding him. He kept taking Jason's hand and smiling and walking him around the apartment. Finally the security guard said something to one of our movers and it turns out he wanted to check our bathroom for something. So he goes in, walks around looks in the toilet, pulls back the shower curtain, and leaves with an empty roll of toilet paper. Um..thanks, sir. I wonder what he was looking for.


Thankfully all of this unpacking business was on trash day, which has to be a whole post of its own. But here are some pics of our boxes as they were bringing them in.








No comments:

Post a Comment