Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Officially An Old Lady

Happy 24th Birthday to me! It sounds really weird to say that I'm 24, especially since I always feel like it takes almost the whole year to get used to your new age, and once you're used to it you go up a number. I think the only exceptions are milestone birthdays, like 16 (the age you can legally drive) 18 (the age you can legally vote) and the all important 21 (the age you can legally drink). I feel like after reaching those, there's no need to keep counting. Maybe, I should start boycotting now.

Ok, enough of the rambling, tonight was pretty awesome. J took me out for sushi, and it was fantastic. Afterwards, we came home for birthday cake. I have an intense love for cake. I think part of the reason I had gained weight when J was first in Korea was because anytime I was missing him, Jill would take me out for cake, haha. I'm not even gonna lie, I was kind of nervous about the cake he ordered. It was his first time ever ordering one (last year he made me order my own) and I was really hoping he remembered to get whipped icing, which he totally did.



So, let's talk about this cake, it was absolutely hilarious and incredibly sweet all at the same time. It definitely looks like something for a four year old, instead of a twenty-four year old, but I'm totally ok with it. I mean after all, this isn't the first time I've celebrated a birthday with something that is usually reserved for a child's birthday party, when I turned twenty-two we had a moonbounce party. Even the lady at the commissary thought the cake was for a small child haha. Apparently, J had ordered a super cute Hello Kitty cake, which left him feeling quite proud of himself since he knows my undying devotion to that little cutie, I mean he did take me to Hello Kitty Cafe over the summer. Unfortunately for him, after they made the cake they realized they
didn't have the little Hello Kitty to go on top, so they gave him a pack of Disney Princesses for free. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless when I saw the cake. I was also very surprised by the flowers and super cute bear dressed as a panda he brought home since he never buys flowers. All I have to say is well done, J. I couldn't have asked for a greater 24th birthday, I got everything I could have wanted, except for maybe a moonbounce. 


Who doesn't love cake?


Love it <3

And a little flashback to Moonbounce Spectacular.

2 comments: