Friday, November 13, 2009

Starting Over

So, I've decided to give the whole blogging thing another try. I started a different blog a few months back (you know one of those things where I could whine about how bored and lonely I am since Jason's been gone) but I became increasingly frustrated over the whole process since my posts would be deleted once I added pictures. Here's a quick recap of what would have been posted on the old blog. Jason graduated from AIT (Yay!) and received orders to Korea (Boo!) He came home for about a month and he's been in Korea since September. Right now, we're waiting for his sponsorship papers to go through and I'll (finally) be on my way to Korea.
Since he's been gone I've been keeping myself busy with all of the amazing things the wonderful world of television has to offer. I've recently become addicted to Glee which is absolutely fantastic. It's just another thing on my growing list of shows I can't miss during the week. You know, things like Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and my other new love The Vampire Diaries. Apparently, I've become a sucker for anything with fangs and a thirst for blood. I really don't know how that happened, except for the fact that it started out as a love (ok maybe more of an addiction) for all things Twilight. Which is where this lovely layout comes into play. I figured since New Moon will be playing in 8 days, I should share the excitement on my new blog. P.S. Stephenie Meyer (the author of the Twilight Saga) will be on Oprah tomorrow.

Now that I've rambled on and on about my love for all things related to the magic box called the tv, I feel like I need to let everyone know that I do actually leave the house for things other than work. And the main thing is a little something I like to call..Adventure Saturday. Adventure Saturday is when Jill and I roam around all of North Carolina (ok, maybe not all, but a nice portion of it..kinda) trying to find things to do. It usually involves some sort of food, and by food I mean a trip to Ninja Express (which is a delicious little hibachi restaurant) and some sort of random activity. Last Saturday was full of randomness. We played on swings while waiting for Huston, went to a thrift store and picked out ridiculous clothing items, ate some bulgolgi, and headed to Clayton for a Dunkaccino from Dunkin Donuts. Then we headed back to little old Goldsboro, and watched A Christmas Carol in 3-d (that movie was a little strange) and concluded the day with a shopping trip (more like walk through) of Target..in the dark. Yea, that's right, there was no power in the whole store. As we were pulling in the parking lot a Progress Energy truck cuts us off and is blocking the entrance. Me being me I start to cuss about the man and his stupidity for getting out of his truck and blocking the whole damn parking lot. It doesn't matter that there was another entrance he shouldn't have been there, damn it. So as we're parking it hits me that the lights are off, but I've never been one to let a thing like electricity stop me from doing whatever I wanted to do, and neither have those two. And can I just say that shopping in the dark is the greatest thing ever. I'm gonna need them to have the lights off more often. It was really depressing when they came back on, oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are giving blogging another try. You can do it. I believe in you. :)

    ReplyDelete